There are two types of traders:
- traders who trade during news release
- traders who avoid this periods
I am personally somewhere in the middle ;). If there is some very important news publication I rather stay away from trading. Sometimes I trade but with much lower leverage. You have to watch for NFP (once a month). Also, every news from the central bank can be important.
Which news is important and which is not? You have all information in online scheudles like:
Of course, it is recommended to learn more about each economic data factor.
Anyway, during a day we have many data publications. I normally trade during that time. I simply have calendar opened from DailyFX. Thanks to that I know when volatility can be higher.
How to trade during a news
If you want to learn how to trade during a news release, I recommend monthly webinar with Wayne McDonell on fxstreet. The first webinar took place ten years ago. I highly recommend it, you can learn here a lot. Read more here.
Basic info about day trading:
- Forex scalping and day trading for beginners
- Best Forex broker, fx pairs, trading hours for scalping and day trading
- Day trading Bitcoin
- Forex scalping and day trading without indicators
- Time frames in day trading
- Trading desk
Management in day trading:
Indicators in day trading
- Forex ATR – trailing stop loss
- Forex Parabolic SAR
- Moving averages
- Bollinger bands
- Fibonacci retracement
- Support and resistance, Pivot Points